(CGNS Documentation Home Page)
(Steering Committee Charter)
(Overview and Entry-Level Document)
(A User's Guide to CGNS)
(Standard Interface Data Structures)
(SIDS-to-ADF File Mapping Manual)
(SIDS-to-HDF File Mapping Manual)
(ADF User's Guide)
(CGNS Tools and Utilities)
CGNS Steering Committee
24 June 2003
7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Orlando, Florida (in conjunction with AIAA meeting)
- This general informational meeting and discussion was called to
order at 7:05 PM.
There were 8 attendees, listed below.
- This was not an official steering committee meeting, so minutes
from the last telecon were not reviewed or approved.
- Current status of CGNS and outstanding issues
PDF) - was presented by
- Discussion of current issues:
- AEDC is actively evaluating and working with Poinot's
HDF-5 prototype (summer intern Brian Pittman).
- Poinot has also expressed an interest in bringing it to
completion at some time in the future.
- Question raised: what will happen to existing CGNS files
that use ADF? Will the MLL automatically switch them
over? Or will an explicit translation step be necessary?
Will HDF-5 implementation be a new Version (3.0)? Will
the MLL be able to read CGNSLibraryVersion_t
node if it is an HDF file (i.e., how will the MLL
software detect that the file is HDF-5 as opposed to
- UserDefined extension - no issues.
- BCDataSet extension - will this proposal work for
unstructured datasets also?
- The CGNSLibraryVersion automatically gets altered
(updated) by MLL when it opens an older file (Q: is this
true when going from V1 to V2?).
- Should there be a CGNSVersion number (under base) that
NEVER changes? This would indicate what version was used
to write the particular base - kind of a way to document
the dataset. But this gets confusing if V2 is ADF and V3
is HDF-5. Do we really want to keep a file with part ADF
and part HDF-5? This does not seem like a good idea.
- GridLocation=FaceCenter in
- This issue is for unstructured grids that connect
- Seems reasonable to allow this, but will this work for
- General issues:
- Confusion among attendees as to if/how CGNS allows
face-based info for unstructured to be stored (Partial
answer: CGNS easily allows for defining face elements,
e.g. for use to define BCs at faces rather than at
vertices. See the
Unstructured Grid" section in the
User's Guide to CGNS.)
- We probably need to review and update the
of it is outdated.
||LM Aero - Ft. Worth