CGNS Documentation Update
Changes to Documentation and Web Site
- Feb 2001; Documentation web site moved to NASA Glenn.
- Apr 2001; Re-organized the Mid-Level Library manual, and created
- Aug 2001; New sections added to the User's Guide
- time-dependent data
- guidelines for writing and reading PLOT3D data in CGNS files
- Nov 2001; Added files and instructions for downloading and
installing the HTML version of the documentation on a local system.
- In Nov 2001, the CGNS documentation web site recorded 2019 page
requests from 430 distinct hosts in 33 countries.
- The SIDS document is in the process of being made available as an
AIAA "Recommended Practice" publication.
- Changes to several documents will be necessary when support for
linked files, user defined data arrays, and chemistry is officially
added to the CGNS standard.
- A CGNSTalk Majordomo mailing list was created at GRC in July, to
replace the CGNSTalk ListBot list, since Microsoft had announced
that the free ListBot service was being discontinued in August.
- As of Jan 10, the CGNSTalk mailing list had 87 subscribers
from 17 different countries, and 23 different commercial